Upcoming Courses & Events
Introduction to Excel; simple formulae and functions
Selection in Excel
Looking up data in Excel
Choose a course category
A lack of appropriate skills, succession planning, an ageing workforce, changes in technology and a decline in apprenticeships are some of the challenges faced by employers in all the sectors in the Black Country. Up-skilling the existing workforce through training is the primary option for most companies looking to address these skills needs.
Although the Black Country Skills Factory does not deliver training directly; we work in collaboration with local training providers and colleges to broker an extensive portfolio of fully funded bite size courses to meet your needs. All of our courses are delivered at no charge to yourself due to the funding we receive from the European Social Fund.
To be eligible for our free courses you must be based in the Black Country and in one of the five transformational sectors. These are:
- Advance Manufacturing (HVM) including Food and Drink
- Transport technologies, including Aerospace
- Construction, including Building Technologies
- Environmental Technologies
- Business Services
All individuals must be eligible for European funding. Once we have assessed your criteria, then we can fund your training through the Skills Factory.
The first phase of our courses are now live. You can search using the category drop down menu above.
• Provider using the course category drop-down menu above
• A-Z listing
To book onto the course, simply follow the link to our official booking partner Event Brite. If you would like to register for future courses, please fill in the registration form below each course.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for you can contact us via the form below or call 07944 268709.
The following film showcases the work of the Skills Factory to up-skill the existing workforce in high value manufacturing through bite-size courses:
Bite-size Technical Courses
Bite-size Management & Leadership Courses
- One-day modules focus on hard (practical management) & soft (leadership) skills
- Free courses funded by the Skills Factory
- Course accreditation may be provided through Open College Network West Midlands
- Developed by Black Country employers & employer representative groups
Where to find training in the Black Country
We are working in partnership with a number of external organisations within the 5 transformational sectors to support their existing training courses. These courses are listed on this site, however, if you cannot find what you’re looking for, or have a Bespoke Training need, get in touch as we can help source the training for you and may be able to fund it.
Local training providers
- City of Wolverhampton College
- City of Wolverhampton College - Polymer Training and Innovation Centre
- Dudley College
- Halesowen College
- In-Comm Training & Business Services
- LEMA: Lean Engineering and Manufacturing Academy
- Sandwell College
- University of Wolverhampton
- Walsall College
- AMRC Training Centre
- Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Black Country University Technology College
- CNC Training Academy
- Energy Training Hub
- Industry Forum
- Institute of Cast Metals Engineers (ICME)
- Mercia Management
- National Metalforming Centre
- Open College Network West Midlands
- Performance Through People
- Walsall Works
- West Midlands Manufacturing Club
Can't find what you're looking for?
Contact us for bespoke engineering training opportunities.