Black Country Consortium Ltd
Statement of Intent
Black Country Consortium Ltd (BCC Ltd) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every child and adult at risk, who participates in activities either directly organised by BCC Ltd or through a third party working collaboratively with us.
This Policy sets out a clear and consistent framework for delivering this promise, in line with safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance and applies to all team members, paid or voluntary and all board members.
It will be achieved by:
• Promoting and prioritising the safety and wellbeing of children and adults at risk with all BCC Ltd team members and those third party organisations who work directly on our behalf with children and adults at risk.
• Adopting safe recruitment procedures for paid and non-paid team members that help deter, reject or identify people who might pose a risk or inappropriate influence to children or adults at risk.
• Ensuring that all existing and new team members understand their roles and responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance, to be alert to signs of abuse or maltreatment and refer concerns to the designated safeguarding lead using the agreed procedures.
• Ensuring that the organisations that work on our behalf ensure that through their operations, policies and procedures, they commit to protecting children or adults at risk from harm
• Ensuring all children, young people, adults at risk, parents and carers are informed of the policy and procedures as appropriate.
The designated leads for safeguarding at Black Country Consortium will take all concerns and allegations of abuse seriously and will escalate these by referring to the independent Local Authority Designated Adult Social Care Manager (DASM) or Designated Officer (DO) for allegations against staff and volunteers. In emergencies, this obligation may extend to contacting the Police.
The safeguarding policy and supporting procedures will be widely promoted and mandatory for all team members at Black Country Consortium Ltd. Failure to comply with the safeguarding policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and dismissal/exclusion from the organisation may be the result.
Date: January 2016