My Choices - Support Post 16 &18
My Choices - Support Post 16 & 18
Keeping the wheels turning for staff, students and their families.
The world of work and business is changing at an incredible pace with new technology defining many job roles that previously never existed and other roles disappearing all together. Here are some great online resources that you may want to try at home:
- The Careers and Enterprise Company have collated useful resources, including virtual work experience and workplace tours, that can be found here: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/covid-19-resources
- Considering University? Visit the UCAS website to find links to virtual open days and information to support you with your application click here
- https://lnkd.in/e_gVUKd is a great online resource for people of all ages. It can help you with career pathways, course options and lots more.
- For careers that need a degree or similar qualification, follow this link for more information on job roles, the qualifications required and how much you can earn - https://lnkd.in/ef4UdvF
- For information on Apprenticeships, what they involve and how you can find one, follow this link - www.apprenticeships.org.uk
- Not sure of what your career could be? Lower school students can try this quiz for some ideas- https://lnkd.in/eDVw3_q
- Upper School Students? try this career quiz-https://lnkd.in/e3V4JTs
- Build your skills and qualifications with free short courses delivered by - www.futurelearn.com This website is fantastic and would be great for the whole family.
- Access the ‘Skillsbuilder’ employability resources suitable for all pupils of Primary and Secondary age here : https://www.skillsbuilder.org/homelearning
Further useful information
- April 2020 - Sandwell Council have produced this resource offering advice and guidance for potential apprentices in Sandwell.
- Beyond Autism Outreach & Training - A guide for parents, teachers and pupils. Full details please click here
- UK's first 'One Stop Shop' for careers - Qdos Careers App
- Skills Training UK Virtual Open Day 21 August - Click for further details and the link to join
- My Choices Transition Resources from CEC - Click for details
- Careermag for Parents - read the latest issue
Are you a Careers Leader or Careers Adviser in a school/college looking for ‘Careers Homework’ to set your pupils for remote working? Ask to join our Free Gatsby Portal - File Protect - which now has a ‘Careers Homework’ file - request your free login by emailing Eileen Steventon - Eileen_Steventon@blackcountryconsortium.co.uk
Follow this link for safeguarding and remote education guidance from DfE: